Between Football games and entertaining on short notice, I am always looking for a quick recipe that is not only delicious but quick and easy to prepare. This is a sure crowd pleaser for any event. Also a guilty pleasure, but our Donair blend is low sodium!
- 2 tbsp Rub That RUBS Halifax Donair gourmet blend
- 2 lbs Medium Ground beef (or substitute ½ pound beef for ½ pound ground lamb)
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ red onion sliced
- 4 medium pita
- 2/3 cup Sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Combine 2 lbs of medium ground beef and 2 tbsp of rub that RUBS Halifax Donair gourmet blend in a food processor and pulse until it becomes a paste.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Place on a sheet of tin foil on the counter and mold into a loaf, repeatedly drop on the tin foil surface to remove air pockets inside the loaf while shaping the loaf. The more you pound the loaf of the surface the more uniform your donair meat will be.
- Put the tightly formed loaf in an oven safe dish and bake at 375 for one hour and a half.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 30 minutes before putting the loaf in the fridge to cool completely.
- Thinly slice the red onion and dice the tomato, Place in a bowl and set aside covered in the fridge.
- Prepare the sweet sauce, Pour 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk in a bowl add ¼ cup of white vinegar and 1 tsp garlic powder. Whisk until thickened and set aside.
- Remove the onion and tomato from the fridge and whisk the sweet sauce again before adding to the finished donair.
- Once the donair meat has cooled remove from the fridge and slice thinly. Warm donair meat in a pan with cooking oil.
- Put an egg on it! Homemade kimchi with homemade French bread, roast beef with our Chop House Blend. Sobeys HRM carr… https://t.co/ZiLwQev3aZ9 days ago
- My new favourite thing. We whipped these up in the RTR test kitchen yesterday. Spicy pork dumplings. #halifax #pork… https://t.co/RHvfY1OOkT23 days ago