Being a Maritimer, lobster is a favorite traditional food. There are so many ways to cook with it. Everything from boiled, broiled, chowders and sandwich rolls. This is a great lobster recipe for entertaining anytime of the year. Substitute Maritime Seafood blend for Piri Piri if you do not like spicy food.
- 1 tbsp rub that RUBS Piri Piri Gourmet spice blend
- 1 lb Cooked Nova Scotia lobster meat
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp white wine, I used a local L’Acadie Blanc
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions minced
- 1½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp grape seed oil or vegetable oil
- Chop cooked lobster meat and place on on paper towel. Mix egg well with white wine and Piri Piri spice blend.
- Add to the lobster along with 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Form into 4 oval shaped “cakes”. Mix carefully with hands to avoid breaking up the lobster too much. * use gloves to protect your hands from the hot chili.
- Melt the butter and oil in large skillet. Roll the “cakes” in the remaining bread crumbs.
- Sauté on medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- For bonus points serve with Lemon wedges, Fox Hill plain yogurt infused with fresh tarragon on the side.
- Don't waste the wine! Share, as the beverage for this great Nova Scotia dish..