Between Football games and entertaining on short notice, I am always looking for a quick recipe that is not only delicious but quick and easy to prepare. This is a sure crowd pleaser for any event.
The Great Halifax Donair Dip
- 1 ½ tbsp of rub that RUBS Halifax Donair gourmet blend
- 1 lb medium ground beef
- ½ tsp hot cayenne powder
- 1 bold pinch of kosher salt
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- ½ cup of diced red onion
- ½ field tomato seeded and diced
- 1 cup mozzarella (grated)
- 125 g cream cheese
- 1 cup sweet sauce (recipe included)
Sweet sauce recipe:
- 2/3 cup of sweetend condensed milk
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1tsp garlic powder
- In a frying pan add 1 lb of medium beef, 1 ½ tbsp of rub that RUBS gourmet spice blend, ½ tsp hot cayenne powder, a bold pinch of kosher salt, 1 clove of minced garlic, ½ cup of diced red onion and heat on medium until the beef is fully cooked
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Prepare the sweet sauce, Pour 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk in a bowl add ¼ cup of white vinegar and 1 tsp garlic powder. Whisk until thickened and set aside.
- Once the beef mixture is fully cooked, remove and pour in a oven safe 8x8 baking dish. Add 125 g of cream cheese, 1 cup of grated mozzarella, and one cup of sweet sauce. Stir and bake for 15 minutes at 350 f.
- After 15 minutes stir and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove the mixture from the oven, garnish with tomato and red onion. Serve hot in a bowl with pita chips or tortilla.