- 1 1/2 tbsp rub that RUBS Berbere Gourmet spice blend
- 3 cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- one large Spanish onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tins crushed tomato
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 large carrots sliced thinly
- 1 cup kale de-stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of Bulgar or quinoa
- pre-heat the oven to 375 F
- put the onion garlic and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until it forms a paste.
- Stir 1 1/2 tbsp of Berbere gourmet spice blend in 2 cups of vegetable stock, set-aside.
- Pour the Chick peas, tomatoes, carrots, onions and garlic paste, stemmed and chopped kale and Bulgar or quinoa in a large casserole dish with the seasoned broth and stir.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375.or until the kale is wilted and carrots have softened.For bonus points serve with warmed Naan.