For the Jerk chicken:
- 4 whole chicken leg and thigh
- 1 tbsp rub that RUBS Jamaican blend
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Mix the spice blend and wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Score the chicken skin with a sharp knife about 1 inch apart
- Place the chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag for 45 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 f
- Cook for 60 minutes
- Cook over direct flame on the grill until the skin crisps, finish on indirect heat until fully cooked (160 f)
Rum & Lime, Pineapple Salsa
- 1 oz Rum
- 2 fresh limes squeezed
- hand full fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 pineapple cored and diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced. Add more if you like it hot.
- pinch of kosher salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- keep in the fridge until ready to serve
This can be made the day before.