Vegan Donair Latkes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large baking potatoes grated and squeezed dry
- 1 tbsp rub that RUBS Halifax Donair blend
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided, for frying
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Scoop 1/2 cup potato mixture into skillet and press with a spatula into 1/8-inch thick patty. Repeat.
- Fry patties 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Cook remaining latkes in batches of 2, adding 1 Tbs. oil to skillet each time.
- To drain, transfer latkes to wire rack on top of baking sheet lined with newspaper.
- Place latkes on pan in the oven to keep warm.
- Serve with vegan sour cream
Add a comment