- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp rub that RUBS Piri Piri blend
- 1/4 cup butter
- Clean the chicken with cold water and pat dry, plus remove any of the insides (liver, neck etc)
- Cut the back bone of the chicken and spread the bird flat.
- Mix 1 tbsp Piri Piri Blend with 1/8 cup of butter and rub under the skin.
- Score the chicken skin and add 2 tsp Piri Piri Blend rubbed over the skin.
- Heat the grill to 400 f
- Place the chicken bone down for 30 minutes with the grill cover down.
- Melt 1/8 cup of butter and add 1 tsp Piri Piri blend.
- After 30 minutes on the grill brush the butter and Piri Piri blend mixture over the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to 375 f and continue to cook, until the skin has crisped and the chicken is fully cooked (160 f)
- Remove from the grill and tent for 5 to 10 minutes before serving