For the Spatchcock, Donair chicken:
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp rub that rub that RUBS Halifax Donair blend
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- Clean the chicken with cold water and pat dry, plus remove any of the insides (liver, neck etc)
- Cut the back bone of the chicken and spread the bird flat.
- Mix 1 tbsp rub that RUBS Halifax Donair blend with 1/4 cup of butter and rub under the skin.
- Rub 1 tbsp of the halifax donair blend over the skin.
- Heat the grill to 400 f
- Place the chicken bone down for 30 minutes with the grill cover down.
- Reduce the heat to 375 f and continue to cook for 15 minutes or until the skin has crisped and the chicken is fully cooked (160 f)
- Remove from the grill and tent for 5 to 10 minutes before serving
For the Halifax Donair Roasted Potato Wedges.
- 1 medium mixing bowl cold water
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 5 to 6 small potatoes (2 lbs) peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rub that RUBS Halifax Donair Blend
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- extra olive oil for drizzling
- Parchment paper
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 375 f.
- Line a oven safe baking sheet with parchment paper
- Peel and cut the potato's into wedges and place in the bowl of cold water with kosher salt for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and toss the potato's with olive oil, rub that RUBS Halifax Donair blend and lemon juice.
- Place the potato's on the parchment paper lined cooking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 30 minutes then turn over and bake for 30 minutes or golden on both sides.
- Remove from heat and garnish with diced red onion and diced tomato, with a side of Greek yogurt